Monday, March 2, 2026

Shot List - Editing elements (Implementation Scene #2)

                                                              Implement the Editing!!

Context: In my previous blog posts, the Shot List (Planning 1), Shot List-Editing elements (planning Scene #2) and Coverage Shots (Research) and Size Shots (Research), I explained the elements that I must include. This blog post details that implementation of everything above.

Important: This blog post will only cover the implementation of this concept in Scene #2.

In the image below it can be seen the Problem- Solving strategy, since originally the Director forgot the clapboard, we use a sheet of paper and hand signs instead, and the end it still accomplish the purpose, but also it results beneficial since when I was editing, I was able to see that the shots that weren't showing the clapboard were from scene 2.

Paper with Sign of Coverage shot

Signs with hand to specify Shot and take #

In the video below, it shows how the footage was included without cover shots (as originally written).

Original Scene #2

In the video below, it shows the footage with the coverage shots:

Scene 2 with Coverage Shot

Note: As mentioned before the reflection on what works and what doesn't, regarding the different options will be carried out in a subsequent post. 

Takeaways & Lessons: Having successfully implemented few coverage shots, during editing I was able to better visualize their impact, specifically how they fit the context and the thriller.
Editing it was a bit more complex because, even though it was only one scene, its location was about two-quarters of the way through the scene. However, by editing it in the planned order and emphasizing the key points, I have a very feasible option that can improve our production.

No comments:

Post a Comment