Thursday, February 19, 2026

Casting Document and its relationship with Editing (Implementation)

 Context: In my previous blog post about Casting Documentary (Planning), I was discussing how I should approach this to contribute to my editing.

So, here's my implementation of this plan.

1) The production team decided that the lead actress for this story would be one of the production members themselves.

Reasoning: While it's true that this might be a disadvantage because it would be better to focus on one role, we'll actually use this weakness to our advantage, since this member understands the purpose of the story, the conventions we're aiming for, and, most importantly, the priorities. Furthermore, it's reliable that they'll be on set every day we need them, which would save us time but also create some inconvenience.

2) I was able to implement the decisions explained in the previous blog post, "Discussion and decision of narrative elements for our production (Re-Planning)," in the props and characteristics, to have a clearer visualization of who's who, what they have, how they contribute to the story, and whether they fulfill their priority.

This is important for editing because I can now visualize which colors I should use, and also because knowing the actors allows me to know what expressions they are good at making to plan cuts when we are in the actual film production; furthermore knowing specifically who and what to cut to (clear reference of role of characters) creating a relationship to emphasize the mood created.

This information is supported by providing a picture of the Document that includes the Casting.

                                  
                                                            Casting Document

                                       
This image shows how I analyzed the impact of every factor, and how I reach the decisions explained above.

Takeaways & Lessons: By doing the implementation based on the planning and different research's, the casting document provided one more step closer to a good edited opening scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment