Thursday, December 4, 2025

Organizing Footage (Reflection)

 What went well: Having a plan before shooting meant I wasn't wandering around wondering what to do and how to do it. Also, at least in the initial stages, everything went efficiently and successfully without any obstacles, and when complications arose, a quick solution was found. For example: focusing on only saving in my computer the shots that will appear on the swede successfully help me to maintain organization (as we learn in older blogs) 

Organize footage by shot number

What went wrong: I didn't analyze the likelihood of something going wrong, which increased frustration when things stalled. Not having a backup plan made the process slower and more complicated.    

What could I have done better: I could have considered possible outcomes and alternative solutions and consulted my team more for help. For example, I could have specifically asked the director, who had the cinematograph shots in his phone by order. Doing so would have saved time. And I realized that at the end and I apply it, as you can see below.

Conversation between Director and Editor (me)

What I will do better: I will consult my team a, but I also need to find faster and more efficient solutions and learn how to deal with frustrations. 

In conclusion, I have learned not only to rely more on my team but also how to react to different scenarios and how to adapt effectively and quickly, which is fundamental to continuing with the production process.

No comments:

Post a Comment