I'm embarking on a completely new and unknown journey: learning to be a video/film editor.
Okay, to be more specific I'm preparing to accomplish a project that consist in making a swede and my role is being the editor.
But for me the most important question to start with is: How do I begin? Well, I'm starting with research, so after searching, reading, and watching videos, I decided to focus on those made by people who know what they're doing and explain it in pedestrian terms, so I can start in the right path and expand my knowledge.
The video below is perfect to get started!
How I Would Learn Video Editing (If I Had to Start Over in 2025)
So, things that I learned:
1) Change my mindset: This is the last thing that I would have think of!
This literally involves starting by changing our ideas. I understand and I'm honest, that my position right now is that I'm ignorant and that I don't know anything about editing, so I learned that I must start with the story before even thinking of how editing, I need to understand the story and the expected outcome, I must think about it and put myself in the position of being a storyteller who uses tools to give life and meaning to that story, and that I must understand who this story is for (the audience). I must start thinking as they would think, becoming one of them, what are their expectation, what would they like, and always keeping in mind the WHY I'm doing this, the essence, I must do it, to stay motivated but also to evoke this feeling throughout my job in order to come with a good result.
2) Focus on learning one thing at a time: I must don't jump from sound editing to motion graphics. I must maintain a consistent order to avoid confusion and keep doing this during the whole process.
I can say that after this research, the fog lifted, I know where to start, and this world of editing no longer seems so overwhelming!
No comments:
Post a Comment