Plan: Based on what I learned in one of the previous blog posts about transitions, I believe the ideal way to transition from scene one shot one to scene two is a whip pan.
Why: As I learned previously, this transition is perfect for maintaining the tension of the moment, and that's the purpose I personally see in this scene. Since this is the first transition, I think it's fundamental to keep the points connected, the audience engaged, and have a coherent development.
*Below you can see a sketch that the cinematographer and director made to get a basic idea of the setting and the main focus of the shot.

Scene: 1, Shot: 1 Titanic Swede

Scene: 2, Shot:1, Titanic Swede
Prediction: I think this transition can be used effectively, not only contributing to the story and starting off well, but at the same time, I think it captures the originality, since, as this is a sequel, I think this could be a similar "copy." However this transition could also make the opposite effect and confused the audience, so the narration of the story will be lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment