This blog will discuss about a possible idea of how to develop my editing skills.
After some research, I found that one of the most effective ways to do my editing work more accurately and meet the established standards and objectives is to do an Onscreen drafting.
I decided to use the video below, because it shows the scientific reasons for using this method, but also because it's a reliable source since the person speaking (Karen Pearlman) wrote this method in her book Cutting Rhythms in a Successful Way and has tested it with partnerships of universities.
What it is: Creating a digital representation of the proposed narrative with a low or no budget (in my case I will take it in a different approach, more info in the planning post).
Why it works: This method/resource helps me verify that the script, specifically the script's actions and their execution, will guarantee that when edited, the narrative is logical and has a good flow. This would help me implement what I learned in The Role of an Editor Research Blog, as it allows me to use my voice effectively by giving shape to the movement and helping me feel when it's right (where to cut). At the same time, I would be putting into practice what I learned in The Editor Tips Research Blog, which is that I should watch the scene several times to immerse myself in it, analyze it, feel it, and create it. And what better way to do this than by visualizing it in reality?

No comments:
Post a Comment